Thursday, May 11, 2023

Porto—May 11, 2023

 Last Day in Porto

Pretty relaxing morning. After breakfast we caught the Metro to the airport, a comfortable 30 minute ride. Swiss Air emailed me our boarding passes and I took a picture of them from my laptop with my phone just in case I wouldn't have access to wifi. Turned out to be a good idea and it made passing through Security a breeze. Oporto is really efficient at Security. Three people at a time can load trays for luggage and personal items and then walk through a scanner and viola! It's a high speed operation.

We gave ourselves 2.5 hours leeway just in case, but because we didn't have to print a boarding pass and their super efficient security check we were sitting in the lounge waiting for our gate assignment 10 minutes after stepping off the Metro. Amazing!

Our last cup at Cristal Cafe before
catching the Metro to the airport.


The egg tarts (Pasteis de Nata) at Cristal Cafe are
to die for, creamy filling nestled in a flaky shell.

Oporto Airport is fairly new and rated as one of the
best in Europe. It's open and airy, the signage is
great and a jazz ensemble entertained travelers.


Oporto's lounge isn't vast, but it's comfortable and
well-stocked.

As soon as we boarded Swiss Air a
flight attendant handed us a bottle of
water and chocolate. 

Lunch was served right after reaching
altitude. Marie had spinach & ricotta
ravioli, lentil salad, and blueberry
crumble for desert.

The flight attendant didn't ask me what I wanted.
She handed me steak, polenta, and snap peas in
a yummy gravy. My lunch also included the lentil
salad and blueberry crumble. Oh, and we both had
a lovely sharp and aged Swiss cheese.


No comments:

Post a Comment